Art Freedman offers a passion for the customer experience and building an effective sales culture in any business.
Why select Art: “How is Art different from other trainers/speakers?”
- Ace Hardware store owner for 25 years and a retailer for 46 years.
- Internationally known conference speaker and trainer in over 30 countries.
- Selected trainer for Ace Hardware International on the topics of Leadership,
- Retail Finance, Margin Management, Category Management and Customer Service.
- Content expert in all Customer Service training for Ace Hardware Corporation.
- Managing Director of Retail Operations for 29 store chain of Ace Hardware stores.
- All teachings are from “real world” application.
Why select Art: What distinguishes Art as a retail trainer?
- Educated, inspired and mobilized thousands of retailers on how to make more money in
- Educated, inspired and mobilized thousands of business managers on how to lead a staff
where servicing your Customer is priority one.
- Author of the book, Making Money is Not, Illegal, Immoral or Fattening.
- The ability to work with and relate to all levels of a business from the hourly staff to the
- Being able to adapt training to the needs of clients in a variety of different countries where language or culture could be a barrier.
- When retailers who I do not know, thank me, for making a difference in their business and lives.
- The ability to develop content and facilitate to small or large groups of business associates in a way that is educational, inspirational, sustainable and fun.
Art Freedman has brought a new way of thinking to our retailers in Ireland. The education Art has brought to our conferences from his “real world” experiences and his passionate presentation works very well in our country. Art’s energy has a way of not only inspiring the participants but also mobilizing them to ACT when they return to their business. When it comes to Customer Service, no one in the world I know of can present this message in a way that everyone can understand. When the participants leave, they have the confidence and knowledge, along with the inspiration to execute what they have learned
Art Freedman has been working with our Ace Hardware retailers all over the world for the last 15 years. Art has a unique style of delivery that engages his audience immediately. Art has been an active participant in the development of our current Customer Service training and is our Helpful Expert in all of our Customer Service video training.
We are a general merchandise retailer as well as a manufacturer and wholesaler. Art Freedman has done several Customer Service Trainings with our entire team. Art’s real world experience, knowledge of Ace Hardware’s Customer Service techniques and presentation style has enabled our company to develop a culture of service which far outpaces our competition.
“Six years ago our company was growing rapidly, yet struggling to be profitable. On the recommendation of a number of our peers, we began working with Art Freedman. Art delivered immediate results by revamping our retail pricing and rounding, which drove gross margin and our bottom line up significantly. Since then, Art’s role with Costello’s has expanded greatly and he has been instrumental in our growth and success.
A talented leader and engaging speaker, Art has spent countless hours inspiring our team of associates, managers, executives, and future leaders. He has driven results in:
1. Customer Service. Through numerous training initiatives including the implementation of
Ace’s Helpful 101
2. Marketing. By promoting creativity in branding, events, and procuring vendor funds
3. Staff development. Through many self-authored presentations on store operations and leadership including Costello’s Business Academy, an introductory leadership program given to newly hired and promoted members of management in our company.
Costello’s store count has grown by 60% in this short period; Art has been integral in positioning our company for this current and continued growth. Art has done this by creating a culture of teamwork, trust and excellence. He has added value to store operations, development & training, marketing, finance, category management, retail pricing, corporate structure – virtually every aspect of our business.
Art Freedman’s talent and passion are felt everywhere in our company from board room to sales floor.
Your passion for customer service and developing employees was not only evident, but infectious. Your very relevant examples illustrated the how and why of paying attention to the details and left everyone with a renewed focus on going home and putting these principles into practice immediately. As a group of small business owners, your message certainly hit home and you instantly established credibility with your background of small business ownership.